About the Programme
The Diploma course is offered by Distance Learning on a part-time basis, and takes two years to complete.
In addition to the coursework contained in modules, students will have the opportunity to participate in residential course consisting of an international meeting, seminars and tutorials. Upon successful completion of all elements of the program, students are eligible to graduate with an IOC Diploma in Sports Nutrition.
Lectures will consist of computer-based presentations with audio and video, and will incorporate self-assessment and interactive elements where appropriate.
Students will be provided with a comprehensive portfolio of reading material in electronic format. Core course textbooks and a subscription to the International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism will also be provided to all students as part of the registration fee.
If you need clarification on any content within this section, please email the Course Administrator who will be happy to answer any questions.
Students enrolling for this course will normally be in possession of a University degree or equivalent qualification at the prescribed standard in:
- Nutrition or Dietetics
- Biological Sciences, including Biochemistry, Physiology, Sports Science
The language of instruction will be English, and students whose native language is not English should provide evidence of competence in English, eg TOEFL at 500 or above, ILET6 at 6 or above, GCSE or equivalent in English language.
The following list contains the main English language qualifications which are acceptable pre-requisites for entry onto the Diploma Program. Other English Language Qualifications held by applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Program Directors or Academic Advisory Board.
- English as first language or successful completion of High School and/or Degree Level Education in English Language
- UK based O-level, GCSE or Standard Grade English Language - Grade C or above.
- International GCSE English as a Second Language - Grade C or above.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Grade 4 minimum in English Language
- IELTS band 6 or above, provided that no individual band score is less than 6
- TOEFL (including the Tests in Written and Spoken Practice), minimum score of 500 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 94 (internet-based test)
- Test in English for Educational Purposes (TEEP) - Grade 3
- Oxford Certificate of English as a Foreign Language at Higher Level
- University of London - School Examinations Board Certificate of Attainment in English, grade 5
- Passes in the Cambridge Higher School Certificate at Subsidiary level or in the Cambridge Overseas School Certificate count as O levels.
For any admissions enquiries please email our Admissions Administrator
Applications are open
January 15th 2023 - Application deadline
February 1, 2023 - Program begins: Part 1 Foundations of Sports Nutrition
November 2023 - Written examination and Part 1
February 1, 2024 - Part 2 begins: Practical Sports Nutrition
November 2024 - Written examination and end of Course
Spring 2025 - Graduation
Tuition fees will be payable upon registration for each Course, and cover the following:
- Tuition and supervision for all modules, together with supporting documentation and all course textbooks
- All costs relating to the marking of assignments and examinations (excluding resits)
- The registration fee for the annual meeting
- Issue of an award certificate
The fees charged for the Diploma program will be reviewed at the beginning of each intake of students and can be expected to rise in line with inflation.