The Diploma program is offered by Distance Learning on a part-time basis, running for a period of six months from 1st October of each year, and takes two years to complete.
Delivery of the program will involve a variety of teaching methods, including lectures in electronic format, web-based materials, paper-based reading, an on-line “chat room” and other Internet-based activities, and residential workshops.
- Each part of the program will consist of lectures in electronic format, supported by directed private study, and will include formal assessment elements.
- Lectures will consist of computer-based lectures by leading experts in the field, and will incorporate self-assessment and interactive elements where appropriate.
- Lecture material will be supplemented by a program of directed study, including review papers and original research publications.
- Students will be provided with a comprehensive portfolio of reading material in electronic format. Core program textbooks will also be provided to all students as part of the registration fee.
- Each program will include regular assignments and a formal examination to be completed by students.
- In addition to the coursework contained in these modules, students will participate in an annual residential program consisting of practical work, seminars and tutorials.
Upon successful completion of all compulsory elements of the program, including coursework, assignments and examinations, students are eligible to graduate with the IOC Diploma in Sports Medicine.
Individual parts of the Diploma program may form the basis of continuing education studies for those who do not wish to follow the whole program or to qualify for the award of the IOC Diploma.
August 31, 2019: Application Deadline
October 1, 2019: Program Begins
April 2020: Written examination and end of Part 1
October 1, 2020: Part 2 begins
April 2021 Written examination and end of Course
August 31, 2020: Application Deadline
October 1, 2020: Program Begins
April 2021: Written examination and end of Part 1
October 1, 2021: Part 2 begins
April 2022: Written examination and end of Course
August 31, 2021: Application Deadline
October 1, 2021: Program Begins
April 2022: Written examination and end of Part 1
October 1, 2022: Part 2 begins
April 2023: Written examination and end of Course